Monday, November 2, 2009

A Message to Elder Swenson’s missionary friends:


Hey Guys!

How is everything going on your sides of the world? So basically I had a goal to write all of you by the end of this transfer and the only thing I did was reply (finally) to one of Braden’s letters and then I wrote Tim once. Okay so I have a more realistic goal this time: I am going to get at least a super short letter out to all of you by the end of the year. =) Mirë? Mirë.

So this week I was thinking to myself a lot. I was thinking about how hard I thought my mission was going to be before I left and how much I thought I was going to be sad and just want to go home. I was thinking about it this week and I came to a conclusion. I love being here. This is such an amazing opportunity we all have to work with all our heart, might, mind, and strength for the Lord. I love getting up each morning and studying the scriptures. I have just barely started the Book of Mormon and I am so excited. I love that book. I love the opportunity I have to grow this much in knowledge, in spirit, in Christlike attributes, and, of course, in stature. You should see my muscles right now. I really never thought I was going to get weaker ha ha. But oh well, because I’m having an awesome time. I want you all to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel. I know that it brings happiness like nothing else can. I have definitely come to appreciate even more the doctrines in the lessons that I teach, especially the Restoration. How freaking cool is that? We have a prophet on earth that receives revelation from God and directs us in truth and light. I know that if we listen to him we will be happy. It’s all about happiness, man and this gospel is what brings it.

I love you guys! I can’t wait to hear all your stories and successes from your missions. You seriously have been an awesome example in my life and I am so grateful I was blessed to be in such a good circle of friends. I can’t say it enough. Keep it up! “Onward, ever onward as we glory in His name!”

Well I better go, just one closing thought. I’m still going to dominate you all in our super ping-pong tourney in 2011.

-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment