Monday, February 15, 2010

Yes! We did baptise Mario this week!


Hi Mom!

Yes! We did baptise Mario this week. It was a really good baptism. There were so many people there it was crazy. And yes I did get some pictures for you. Ha ha when Mario is in his whites and next to us he looks so small. It’s pretty funny. I don’t really think he’s as small as he looks though. It was a really special day for Fatjona (his girlfriend) and her family. He has been an investigator for almost a year and finally decided, with the help of the Shupe’s, that he wanted to be baptized. It was pretty emotional for Fatjona to see the man she loves dressed in white and being cleansed through baptism, giving them hope for an eternal future together. Probably the best Valentine’s Day they’ll ever have. Ha ha why don’t they just rub in the fact that I’m like a million miles away from Kiersten, huh? But I really am happy for them. Something that really stuck out to me about Mario is that he did it because he knows it was true. He was told several times and he waited a long time because he didn’t want to do it for Fatjona or for her family. He wanted to do it because he knew it was the right thing to do. He has a testimony and it is apparent. It was a really good evening.


Also this week we actually have progressing investigators!! One is named Nelson and the other is named Ylli. I am really excited about Nelson. He is 29 years old and he’s one of those guys that is kind of socially awkward. He’s a little bit of an outcast, but he is sincere and I’ve had a great time teaching him. Last night he came to the baptism with us and recognized that there was something different there. There was a different feeling and it was happy. As we walked home, we had a really good and fairly in depth conversation about baptism and what it means, how you get there, and why. I explained to him that the feeling that he felt when he was at the baptism was the Holy Ghost and we get baptised so we can have that with us at all times. I really don’t think I’ve ever had anybody who really recognized that feeling right off that bat like Nelson did. So I gave him a challenge to go home and pray and read last night. I told him to pray and ask God if the book was true and if this was really the
church of Christ. We are meeting with him on Wednesday and I can’t wait.


Ylli on the other hand is an older man who actually just got back from
America. I am also really excited for him. He has studied a little bit with the JW’s but hasn’t really gotten too in depth. He is really easy to teach and asks really good questions. At first it was weird teaching him because I thought he was kinda testing us, but he’s not and it’s actually been really good. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom last night and he is already living it which is pretty much unheard of in Albania. The hardest thing for him is probably going to be actually doing things like coming to church and getting baptised and stuff, but I am really looking forward to this week and teaching him more.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT PACKAGE! There was no way I was going to wait till my birthday to open it, sorry. ;) Seriously though, that was so awesome of all of you. Holy cow the photo album was so awesome. Basically everything I love in one book. I have looked through that thing several times already and I’m sure that there’s plenty more to come. Thank you for everything you do to support me. You guys rock!


It sounds like you guys had an interesting time in
San Diego. Ha ha yeah there’s definitely some freaky people in this world! I am so jealous you guys got to go to the beach! Man that would have been nice. And it sounds like the weather was just perfect. Lucky dogs! I’m glad you had a good time, though. Was it restful? Ha ha cause P-Days here are anything but restful so I hope your vacation was actually a vacation.

Well I gotta go e-mail Linds and Dad! I love you, mom! Thanks for your e-mail! And thanks again for the package!

Love,
-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment