Monday, February 8, 2010

Mario is getting baptized this Sunday


Hey Mom!

Yeah I know it was a bummer I couldn’t e-mail you last week. I felt pretty bad about not getting to you and dad, but today we have full e-mail time and I don’t have like 7000 pictures to send you (although I did send you a few).


Wow, your week sounds like a blast! I love painting. I definitely want to see a picture of what it looks like when it’s all done. What color did you paint it? Just make sure when you paint the rest of the house that you don’t pick poop green. ;) We’ve already tried that one, haven’t we?

Well this week has been. . . . .good. The work is just frustrating sometimes. So keep that in mind while I talk about this week. We had my record worst number week ever with FOUR total lessons. Oh yeah, you know we’re rockin’ it here in 3rd Branch! BUT, Mario is getting baptized this Sunday. I don’t know if I ever really told you who Mario is. He is the boyfriend of a girl in our branch named Fatjona. He started investigating about a year ago but got caught up in work and stuff and hadn’t met with missionaries or came to church in a really long time. But him and Fatjona are really good friends with the senior couple here in Tirana and so finally they got Mario to meet with us again. He had really been wanting to know this was the right thing to do and not just get baptized for Fatjona or for the Shupe’s or for anyone else and I can tell you right now that he is ready. He has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and he has really been great these last few weeks. I only thought he was going to be able to come to church once before he was baptized, but he ended up coming these past three weeks in a row! And the last two, he stayed for the whole three hours! At first, I was a little bit worried about him, but I have no doubt that he is ready to take upon him the name of Christ through baptism and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. We actually had a lesson about what it means to take upon yourself the name of Christ. I asked him what it meant to him. He said, “Well that’s why it’s taken me so long to decide to get baptized. I wanted to make sure I was ready to do that because that’s not something you just take lightly.” He explained it to me and he’s just awesome. He also brought me and Elder Anderson both freaking sweet hats. I’ll get pictures with him this week and send them to you next, cool?

So that was pretty much the only highlight of this week. The rest of it was basically spent tracting and street contacting. We got a ton of numbers so that should be good for this next week.

Okay and about “killing” Elders. It basically just means that I was his companion when he left the country. When we come to Albania we are “born” and when we leave, we “die.” So I killed Elder Jones. And now Elder Anderson is my son. =)

Well it was awesome to hear from you, mom! Sorry again about last week! Hopefully this week makes up for it a little.

Love you!
-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment