Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Week Gone

Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Hey mom!

Yes my entire district is going to Hungary except for me and Motra. And they are leaving the 22nd so I don't know what I'm going to do for 2 weeks when they're gone. I think the kichi hungarian elders will drive me insane. But that's okay. I'll deal with it. It's only two weeks, right?

The language is H.A.R.D. I get really frustrated sometimes, but I think I am doing as good as can be expected for like 8 weeks and I really do love learning it. It is way fun to speak. I so can't wait until I can just say whatever I want to say in another language. It's going to be so cool.

Okay. Your questions in Albanian. I think that was possibly the funniest thing I've ever read in the MTC. Ha ha ha I think the translator you used was retarded. The first question was How is the foods? and the second question really just did not make sense. It said Are you all eat you? At least that's what I got from my translating skills. Hani is the 2nd person plural conjugation of the verb to eat I believe, but if it's not than that's probably why I thought it was so funny. Ha ha so yeah that translator. . . .not really workin' for ya. But nice try! =) Ha ha it's a fun language to speak. The Hungarians say it sounds like a monkey language, but I think it sounds really cool when you can speak it fast. Every week in the TRC there is a legit Albanian that we teach. I can't help but think that he thinks we're retarded, but oh well! It's good practice.

Okay so there ya go! I've got to hurry and write Lindsey and dad really quick! Sorry! I love you mom. Thanks for everything!

Me Dashuri,
-Elder Erik Swenson

Hey Dad!

Yeah I'm so excited to be outta here in less than a month! It's crazy! I really want to get over there. That's so cool that you saw an Albanian jersey. That's definitely what it sounded like. Their flag is red with a two headed eagle on it. Albanian folklore says that they are descendants of eagles. In Albanian, the word for "Albania" is Shqiperia. And the word for eagle is. . . . .crap I can't remember, but it has the same root "shqip". They have the coolest flag out of I think any country in the world. And they are big into soccer over there as well. I don't know if they're really recognized throughout the world as a good team, but they love it.

Ha ha yeah I bet Bear is lonely with nobody there. Oh my heck I can't even remember really what Bear looks like. Mom sent me the funniest pictures of him which I thoroughly enjoyed, but I really don't even like remember him. That's kinda sad. Oh well! I'm sure he'll be excited when I get back. =)

Yeah the ward sounds pretty crazy right now. I'm sure Brother Webb will do great in the bishopric. He's a great guy and he definitely taught me a lot. Tell him hi from me and that I appreciate what he has done for the young men in the ward. And hopefully the young mens program is still doing well. I would imagine it is. They've got some good leadership in there and it will be interesting to see how things go.

Learning how to teach in Albanian. . . hmmm. . . .yeah I am ha ha. But it's rough still. I need lots and lots and lots of practice, but it will come with time. And I think the fastest learning will be done in Albania so that will be helpful to get there and learn how to speak from the people. It's so frustrating not to be able to say what you want to say, but I'm trying to be patient with myself. There are so many things
that go into every sentence it's not even funny, but it's coming. My teacher said he gives me 4 months if I keep it up and I will be able to say everything I want to say. So I hope that's true!

Well I hope everything is going well! I would assume your still playing soccer every day? That would be fun! We usually play volleyball at gym and it's a blast. Keep on truckin'!

Une te dua!
-Elder Erik Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment