Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just saying hi!

May 27, 2009

Hey Dad!

This week was really busy and kinda stressful. I have to teach tomorrow in the TRC in ALL Albanian! I am horrible! It is actually a really hard language. But I'll just keep trying my best and hope it works out. I have no idea how I'm going to learn to even get myself by before I get to Albania. Ugh.

Ha ha anyway, I miss you guys. My callouses are disappearing which is a really sad thing. I miss my guitar. But I do get to play the piano a lot on Sundays and sing a lot so I guess I can't complain. I am getting worse though ha ha. It's kinda embarrassing, but o well! Apparently the people in Albania are like the worst singers ever so I hopefully am not too bad.

How is work going? Are you still doing a lot of consulting? That's pretty cool stuff. Have you started the yard yet? It's getting warm. The days are so nice now. Too bad I'm just inside all day! Ha ha, but it's okay. I'll enjoy it while I can. I get to Albania in the middle of summer with crazy high humidity. So that should be pretty intense.

Anyway I should probably move on to Lindsey and Mom. Hope you are doing well! Tell everybody hi for me! I miss you and I love you. See ya soon!

-Elder Erik Swenson



Hey Mom!

How's it going? So apparently a lot has happened in the past little while. I've only been gone 5 weeks and all my friends are either gone or know where they're going?! What?! Oh my heck it's so crazy. But it's way exciting too. Thanks for everybody's addresses. I can't wait to write them and see how they're doing. They are going to be amazing missionaries! I wish I was going to be as good as they are! I wish I could have been there for their farewells! O my gosh you have no idea how excited I am for Braden to get here. We're not even going to see each other that much, but just knowing that he's coming through here is so exciting. I had the opportunity to make some really good friends going to Tallahassee Florida so maybe Braden will meet them when he gets there. I'm so excited for him. He is going to be a WAY good missionary. We've written a couple letters to each other and I was happy to hear that he's gone through the temple now. That is so cool! When everybody gets back we are all going to go on a "temple tour" of Utah. Ha ha well nobody really knows that, but I'm officially declaring that right now.=)

Anyway, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the package you sent me. I LOVE the music! It's kinda stupid though cause my roommates don't like it, but I sneak it in there when I can. I really appreciate that. And I also want to thank you for always taking care of me and sending me stuff I need. I am always like I need this or I need that and it ends up here like 2 days later! You're awesome mom!

ANYWAY! How are you? How are things going on the home front? What do you guys do these days? Are you still doing the whole scrapbook thing? You are really good at that. Oh by the way, could you send my memory card back once you're done with it? I have others, but it's just nice to have extras. I need to take more pictures, huh? I'll try, but I don't have like ANY time! And I was never very good at taking pictures anyway. If you guys ever have any pictures to send me, please do! I love pictures! They are my absolute favorite! How is the family? I got a letter from Grandma and Grandpa that was WAY nice! I can't remember if I wrote them back or not....so if you find out that I haven't please tell me ha ha.

Anyway, I should probably go. Mom, I love you. Are you keeping up on your temple goal? That is a great goal! I'm grateful to you being the example to me. You have a strong testimony that is evident in the things you do. I will always be grateful to you for that. Thanks for all your love and support! Have a great week!

-Elder Erik Swenson

P.S. Oh funny story. So in class we did a presentation on our families and describing them in Albanian. Motra said her mom was a bad cook. I can't even imagine. I miss food. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment