Saturday, November 13, 2010

I’ve been trying to practice patience

What’s up?!

That’s so cool that Hannah is going on a mission! She will be an awesome missionary. Seriously. Awesome. And I was actually just going to write Abi oddly enough so I will ask her! But that is way cool. I’m so excited for them! Do you know when Hannah is leaving?

Ha ha I didn’t really do anything out of the ordinary last week either! Now you know how I feel! =) Probably the most exciting thing that we did this week was go up to Mount Dajti. It’s a mountain on the border of Tirana and you can take a gondola to get up there. It’s pretty cool, but it’s nothing like the Utah mountains. We really have such beautiful scenery in Utah. But I’ve got some good pictures I can send you.

Ha ha that Webelos activity sounds like the bomb. I’m sure all those parents are going to love you. ;) But even if they don’t the boys are going to think that you’re super legit. Are you making the marshmallow shooters out of PVC pipes? I remember we used to have a blast with those things.

Well this week was pretty boring actually. I’ve been trying to practice patience ha ha cause it’s been tried a lot. We’ve had a lot of difficulty getting people to show up for the second meeting. I guess if you look at it from the positive side it’s just filtering out the ones that are not ready to receive the gospel yet. But still, it’s pretty dang frustrating. We have been able to find a lot of new investigators, but I’d really just like to know why they don’t stick. And I can’t help but feel like it’s my fault that they don’t. There’s got to be something that I could be doing better. We learned in our leadership training that missionaries worry most of the time about what they say and they feel like it’s what they say that influences the investigators. But actually that’s not true. It’s what they feel that influences them. So I’ve set a goal this week to really seek for the guidance of the spirit as much as possible. All I really want to do is to bring the spirit into the lessons and let God do the converting. So I’ll let you know how that goes next week.

Mom, I love you! I hope you have a good week this week! Thanks for sending me that form for school and looking into that stuff for me. You’re awesome.

-Elder Swenson

P.S. Oh! I forgot. If you could e-mail me a couple recipes that would be awesome. The one for chicken a la king and the one for sister Simons’ soup. Mmmmm. . . . .that’d be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment