Monday, August 2, 2010

Message to Newsletter Friends


Hey Guys!


How’s it going out there? You know what’s dang legit? Mason freaking biked from one ocean to the other. That is unbelievable. Mason, you rock! Also, Nate, you said something a couple letters ago about how I’ve gained like tons of weight on my mission? (Sorry, I just barely remembered this.) I think you’re high because I’ve actually lost a ton of weight. I’m practically Enrique Iglesias now. Not really, but seriously I have lost a lot of weight. But maybe my picture was deceiving. Maybe I was just getting my jiggle on that day or something.


I can’t believe how fast time is going. It’s incredible. So I was thinking about something this week. Do you realize how different all our missions are? Like, it’s a rare occasion that I talk to somebody that has actually read the Bible or actually knows anything about Jesus Christ. Whereas I’m guessing most of you don’t run into too many Muslims on a day to day basis. Just different things like that. It’s weird to think about. But we all have the same purpose and teach the same things to help people come closer to God. Missions are insane!


This week something really cool happened to us. We were coming to church last week and just as we got across the street from the church building, a man flagged us down and stopped us. He asked us if we were with that church and we said, “Yes we are!” He explained to us that a friend of his (a member of our branch) had invited him to District Conference the week before and told him that church was on Sunday at
9:00. So he had showed up even without the help of the member! Actually his member friend was in his village for the week so he didn’t even come. But Vasil came. And that’s what’s important. So church that week was INSANE. Sacrament meeting went like twenty minutes over, the investigator class was just a screaming battle between teacher and students, and third hour was a discussion about a member named Franci’s unworthiness to go to the temple. Somehow that resulted in Vasil setting a goal for himself to go to the temple. What?! But we have met him three times this week and he went to the Temple Preparation class last night with his member friend before coming to a baptism. So pretty much if he has gone through all that and still likes to come, you know he’s good. ;) We’re hoping to set a baptismal date with him soon this week. So that was pretty cool!


Things are going well in
Albania! We just saw The District 2 for the first time which was super awesome. We had a huge two day training that I loved. I realized how much room for improvement I have as a teacher. I’m trying to learn how to bring the spirit stronger into the lessons that I teach. That’s really all I want to do. So I’ll let you know how that goes!


I hope you guys are doing well! Love you all!

Leave to thy God to order and provide; in ev’ry change he faithful will remain.”


-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment