Monday, August 16, 2010

It’s awesome to see the Lord’s hand in our lives.

Hey Mom!

How’s it going? Well I guess this week is just gonna be kind of a normal letter compared to the last few. We had a good week this week, but nothing incredibly exciting. First branch has been really blessed this last little while and it’s awesome to see the Lord’s hand in our lives. All three companionships in our district had really good work this week. The office elders set an all time high for number of lessons taught as office elders, the sisters just have tons of good progressing investigators and three baptismal dates, and we got a triple double. (A “triple double” in Albania Tirana mission terms means that we hit the mission standards for member lessons, new investigators, and total lessons) It was a good week to say the least.

We had to give Jenny, our incredible new investigator, to the sisters, but she’s still doing really well. Apparently the Book of Mormon has already changed her life! We have also been working a lot with Vasil who is now set to be baptized on September 12th. He’s been doing really well. He’s a very talkative person, but our lessons have been under more control lately and so we’re able to move a little bit faster than we were at the start. This week we’re going to be teaching him the word of wisdom which we imagine will be the hardest thing for him. So after this week we’ll see if he’s really set for baptism or not. He’s come to church every single week for the last month now and not only that, but he’s been in a shirt and tie which almost never happens with investigators. We’re really excited for Vasil.

Other than that, we’re just working. Just doing stuff that missionaries do, ya know? We’ve been doing a lot of tracting lately and, honestly, it’s been working really well. I know that the Lord has been guiding us as we’ve been asking him where to go and I hope that He will continue to do so. There’s just something about tracting that makes you feel good.

About the pictures. I’ve lost my jump drive again. Right when the new one that you sent to me got here, I found my old one and so I never used the new one, but then I was looking for my old one last week and I couldn’t find it. I still have the new one though, but I don’t know if it’s gonna work. It didn’t last week so I’ll see what I can do. I know my old one is just floating around the house somewhere, though, so I’m sure I’ll find it soon.

Mom, I love you! I’m grateful you guys support me so much and send me e-mails and shoes and candy and other good stuff like that. =) It means a lot. I hope you have an awesome week! In the words of Bobby McFerrin (spelling?), “Don’t worry, be happy.”

-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment