Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Area is Way Confusing


Hey mom!

How are ya? It’s great to hear from you again! I’m excited to talk to you guys in like 2 and a half weeks! Elder Hixson is doing better, but we actually just had an emergency transfer and he had to go to Elbasan so my new companion is Elder Jones. He has a lot of time in the country and is going home in January with the next group. This has been pretty stressful actually because of my lack of knowledge of the branch and the area. Our area is way confusing with lots of little windy roads all over the place and I’m just not quite oriented yet. And I don’t know hardly any of our members. We were actually tracting a couple nights ago and we get to this door and I start talking about how we teach people how they can have more happiness and he’s just like, “Well come in!” It was kinda weird and we were like, “Well can we talk about this book and our message?” He was like, “We’ll find time.” So we go in and sit down and start doing some muhabet (conversation). This whole time, his wife is over making byrek at their table. I asked them what their religious background was and what religion they were with right now and he’s like, “Well she’s with you!” A lot of people here just think we’re catholic or orthodox and so I figured he thought we were one of those two and so I didn’t believe him, but then she was like, “Yeah I’m Sister Sulaj.” She has been a member for 11 years!! I had like never even seen her. She is at church every week and so I kinda felt like an idiot not recognizing one of the freaking members. It was a little bit frustrating. But anyway so you can imagine it’s a little bit frustrating not knowing anything about the area and being a co-senior companion with somebody. Please pray for me. I’ve definitely been feeling pretty humble lately and I know I have to rely on the Lord. I definitely need his help.

Tell Grandpa Gëzuar Ditëlindjen (Happy Birthday) from me! He’s still goin’ strong at 86. That is incredible. I hope he has a great birthday. Ha ha man I love Grandpa. And that’s great to hear that Grandma is doing so well. Ha ha when you told me that she showed you she can walk without a cane, it reminded me of President Hinckley. =) But I’m glad she’s following the rules a little better than he did. ;) It sounds like you guys are helping them out a ton and I’m sure they really appreciate that.

Well mom, thanks for the e-mail. I love you lots! I hope you have a great week. Don’t get too stressed out!

-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment