Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We Just Tract and Tract and Tract

Mother Albania Monument


Cameron's Birthday


July 27, 2009

Hey Mom!

Okay holy cow sorry about the pictures. Myldsmail.net is ridiculous. So basically you’re probably not going to get a ton of pictures because it took me forever to pick like 7 pictures to send and then I couldn’t send them in one e-mail. It was dumb. Now that I know that maybe I’ll be able to send more next week. So yeah sorry about that. I got my Tie picture in there for Cam’s birthday. Tell him I said hi!

Anyway, how are things going at home? The summer is already coming to a close for you guys I guess. When does Lindsey go back to school? Summers are way too short. Ha ha but you guys can’t complain about heat anymore! You have no idea.

Yeah Nate is Awesome! And Leslie too, but I didn’t really know her all that well ha ha. But I know they’ll both do fantastic! Tell them good luck for me! I would say that Nate was probably the most in tune with the spirit of any of our group. You could just always tell that he was going to be a missionary. You could see his testimony even when we weren’t even doing things that related to the gospel at all. He is a great example and he will be an awesome missionary!

I love that scripture in Alma that talks about them being depressed and ready to turn back. It shows that they were human. It also says “With patience bear thine afflictions” which always reminds me of Be Still, My Soul. I love that line. And then the most important part, if we do bear our afflictions with patience and with faith we will have success. That is a really good chapter. I will read it again this week.

Ha ha mom did you say you’re really “kot” on those machines? Ha ha that’s funny. That made me laugh. That word gets used a lot here. And woohoo! Go Lindsey! You catch those minnows. =) Ha ha I got the funniest picture in my head of her reeling in this little dinky fish and I laughed a hearty chuckle. That sounds like it was a fun week! I miss going camping with the Jessop’s and Jim and Kathy. They always make things entertaining.

Okay so your phrase for the week is something that I say at least a million times every day: Me fal, nuk kuptoj. It means I’m sorry, I don’t understand. =)

Ha ha so we have definitely been working hard this week. We just tract and tract and tract. I don’t really mind tracting though. It’s not that bad. You just have to be willing to work. And it’s helping with my understanding. I understand more and more everyday, but I still usually can’t put it together fast enough to understand what they’re really saying. But I’m working at it. So we spend the huge majority of our time tracting. Other than that, tonight we’re starting the Stop Smoking Program with a man named Sefer. It is a really good program and often leads to the participants taking the lessons and being baptized. It is a seven day thing which to me is pretty impressive. I’m excited to do that and so is he. I can’t wait to see him make this change in his life. And Flamur is doing well. He came to church again this week, but he didn’t have time to meet with us after so we’re meeting with him on Wednesday. I’m excited for that. Coming to church is a really good sign. I think we’re going to be inviting him to be baptized either this week or next. Pretty cool!

Anyway, I should go. I have like 10 minutes left and I haven’t written Dad or Lindsey. Have a good one, mom!

I love you!
-Elder Swenson


Yo Linds!

Ha ha yeah that does sound like a crazy week! That sounds so dang fun. Okay as soon as I read that you went on dune buggy rides I was like, “please say that Lindsey got to drive, please say that Lindsey got to drive.” AND! My wish was definitely granted and I was definitely fully satisfied with the result of you driving. =) Ha ha ha you crashed?! Yeah it is a good thing that Grandpa likes you so much! Ha ha ha ha ha oh my gosh that’s so funny. I love stick shifts. EVERYTHING here is a stick shift. Oh my heck I’m so screwed if I end up having to drive because the roads are C.R.A.Z.Y. It’s not even funny. But you should learn how to drive one! They’re fun.

Ha ha yeah we only have five members. It’s not very big. And the piano is a not full size keyboard that doesn’t have touch sensitivity and no pedal. Yeah we’re pretty hardcore out here in Kamez. =) Ha ha, but at least I get to play. I miss the piano and my guitar so bad. I was so lucky to have those things at my disposal. And yes I think I will lose weight in Kamez just cause we are always walking and it’s hotter than a lava pit of death out here. I can already move my belt in one more notch. =) Ha ha, but honestly I don’t think I will come back looking that different. Except for a KILLER farmer’s tan. It’s awesome.

Well I gotta go. I love you Linds! It’s great to hear from you every week. I’m sorry if my e-mail was short. I didn’t have a lot of time today. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment