Monday, January 10, 2011

Message for the January Newsletter

Hey Y’all!

So I’m in Vlorë right now which is a big change for me. Back on the beach. . .and in the winter again. So I don’t really get to enjoy it that much, but that’s okay. There are only two elders now where four used to be so we do a lot of walking. =) I really like that actually because back in first branch we had just gotten a car and so we didn’t get to walk very much. So maybe, just maybe, I’ll come back whipped into shape.

I don’t really know what to write this month! I’ve just been feeling really weird lately, knowing that the end is coming. Ugh! It’s funny cause I was super trunky and kinda known for it throughout the mission until about three months ago (I’ve always been a hard worker, though, so don’t think I was lame like that) and now I really don’t want to leave. Sure there are some good things about home like family and music and stuff, but then there’s so much to worry about too! Anyway, beside the point.

I just got last month’s newsletter two days ago and I love reading that thing. You guys are so awesome. I absolutely love hearing all your stories and experiences from your missions. Man the mission has been awesome. It sounds like it’s been the same for you all.

Well they always tell you when you don’t know what to say, to testify and so since there’s really nothing new to say that’s what I’m going to do. I love my Heavenly Father and I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and He loves us. I’ve felt His love tons during these last 21 months. I’m very weak, but I know that those weaknesses have brought me closer to Him. Repentance is awesome. I’m so grateful for the Atonement. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I always feel good when I read it. Always. I know that it is from God and guides us in our lives today. I’ve received answers from those words and I’ve seen others lives change through them. It’s undeniable.

I hope you know that I love you all and can’t wait to see you again.

“Loud may the sound of hope ring till all doubt departs!”

-Elder Swenson

No comments:

Post a Comment